BY DR. EDDIE WEAPONS
A healthy diet that is easy to assemble: To be healthy and maintain optimum performance every day, you need to follow a healthy, balanced diet. This is achieved by combining food effectively to ingest the necessary nutrients, according to age, sex and physical activity level.
Many diseases are directly related to poor diet over the years: obesity, cardiovascular disorders, cancer, osteoporosis, hypertension and type II diabetes.
A healthy balanced diet is one that allows the body to function optimally. It is therefore essential to base food that enhance the proper functioning of our body. For this reason, experts recommend that diet is part of a healthy lifestyle, which is rich in plant foods and fiber, and is low in fat of animal origin, overly sweet and calorie products.
- A diet should not be restrictive, because this way he quickly abandoned. You have to lose weight fat based mass, not muscle.
- A greater variety, greater assurance that food is balanced and contains all the nutrients needed for health.
- It is important to eat breakfast every day, and as completely as possible. Never without milk, bread, cereals and fruits. You have to spend between 15 and 20 minutes.
- It is recommended that fats do not exceed 30% of daily meals. The consumption of animal fats (butter, sausages, cheeses …) should be reduced. For dressings and cooking, opt for the extra virgin olive oil.
- Make 4 or 5 meals a day and not very abundant snacking.
- It is advisable to introduce high fiber foods (raw vegetables, fresh fruits, whole grains and legumes).
- Use cooking techniques that do not involve a high fat intake (iron, foil, steam …).
- Increase consumption of fish and decrease red meat.
- Reduce salt in foods, preferably using iodized salt. In his replacement it is advisable to use spices and herbs
- It is essential to stay hydrated by drinking water. It is also necessary to limit the consumption of alcoholic beverages (all contain calories) as well as sugary drinks.
* Courtesy of Dr. Eddie Armas . The opinions of columnists do not necessarily coincide with Ismael Cala.